Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions from our customers. If you have a question that is not answered below, please contact us and we will be glad to assist you personally
What is the cost of shipping?
What is the difference between refurbished and reconditioning?
What is your recondition process?
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is visually inspected for bent or broken parts. Any bent or broken parts are repaired or replaced so that operating features function properly.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is completely disassembled.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is cleaned. All stickers and/or decals are removed, if necessary.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame, arm rails and pans (if applicable) is sanded completely in a separate room.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame and parts are then cleaned again to remove any dust or dirt.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame, arm rails, and pans are painted in a professional paint booth. If necessary, they are baked dry. They are left to dry for 24 hours before they are touched again.
- The hospital bed/stretcher frame is then reassembled to include the following NEW parts, IF NECESSARY: *OEM casters and assembly for new brake and steer *Plastic wheel covers and arm rail plastics *Head and Foot Boards with your choice of inserts in each *Labels and/or decals *Capacitors and motor grease is replaced *Couplers
- The circuit boards are tested with 1 year replacement warranty.
- A final inspection of the hospital bed/stretcher operating features are rechecked and electrical safety tested to ensure the hospital bed/stretcher is performing to manufacturers’ standards.
- The hospital bed/stretcher is shipped and wrapped in protective plastic. It is then blanket wrapped and can be positioned in custom stands for stability. Head and foot boards are shipped in boxes unattached to the Hospital Bed frame.
What are your hours of operation?
What is Piedmont Medical’s Warranty?
Who is Piedmont Medical?
What is your mission Statement?
Do you have special offers?
Yes, we do! You can find out about special offers by calling us at 1-800-433-3255 (USA) or 1-336-386-1040 (International).
Where are your products reconditioned?
All our products are reconditioned in the U.SA.